Tuesday, July 14, 2009

a little set-back



Well -- as Tyler was being weaned from the steroids (which keep the asthma under control) he wound up back in the I.C.U.

Just two days after being completely off the medications he crashed pretty hard. His respirations were very labored, fast and causing him a lot of discomfort.

Obviously we got him back to the Emergency Department where he was quickly placed back on a ventilator and given high doses of steroids.

Less than three hours later he was acting as if nothing had happened.

Apparently his dependency on steroids is much more severe that originally thought.

So, he'll stay on steroids for another six to eight weeks while his posse of doctors try to figure out the next course of treatment.

I'm told I can bring him home Wednesday morning. So I'll be down at the hospital at 7:30 following shift change to gather my son and drive him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment