Wednesday, May 13, 2009

he's coming around and getting angry



Anyone who truly knows Tyler knows the little temper he has when he gets really angry.

Well that temper is starting to flair up because he's getting really tired of being in the hospital. Unfortunately for me -- he thinks that I'm the reason he's here. He's only hit me twice. Since I don't wear glasses anymore it doesn't hurt quite so bad.

Fortunately for him -- that means he's feeling better and getting better. Some of the physicians and respiratory therapists were talking about turning his C.P.A.P. settings even lower so he can move toward a trach collar with humidified air and a little bit of oxygen blended in with it. As soon as he tolerates the trach collar he can come home.

We'll have to go back to home-care nursing, physical therapists and doctors visits every day or two for awhile. I really can't complain about that though. I'd rather have the entire neighborhood in my house every day than to have Tyler in the hospital.

The photo shown above was taken after Tyler won the bowling tournament during his High School days. The trophy is displayed in his bedroom right next to his picture of Grandpa.

1 comment:

  1. IMO, as a mom we are able to tollerate much more than the norm. We are stronger when our kids need us to be and can handle just about anything that is thrown at us in order to take care of our kids. I also have to agree with you Vicki. I'd much rather have him home than at the hospital.

    Looks like Tyler was very proud of that trophy! Yeah for Tyler!

    ReplyDelete