Friday, May 22, 2009

from one floor to the next

Well Tyler moved out of the Intensive Care Unit into a rehab unit.

He isn't able to wean off the ventilator support just yet. He did well on the trach collar and oxygen assistance. But since the seizure a few days back - his stamina isn't as high as it was in the past.

Now he is in a smaller room one floor above where he was.

The unfortunate part of the move is there aren't as many nursing staff available to help Tyler.

Right now Craig, Christi and I are taking turns staying with Tyler to help make him comfortable and keep him relaxed. Occasionally Carol and Elaine will come up for an hour or two to give us a break.

Tyler's insurance company has authorized two weeks in the rehab unit. I'm not sure what happens after that if he's still on breathing assistance.

My hope is that he'll wean off the support soon and be home where he belongs.

1 comment:

  1. Vicki, I'm glad to see Tyler is doing better. I hope he's able to come home soon. If you need company to sit with you at the hospital let me know.

    Mara

    ReplyDelete